Sunday, November 9, 2008

I've come a long way...

I'd say that I've come a long way since I was a child.

I'm not talking about physical distance. Sure, I went from the Philippines to Taiwan, and now Japan; but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about how I've gone from being painfully shy to... a slightly confident person.

I used to be so shy that I don't dare raise my hand to tell the teacher that I have to go the bathroom real bad...
I used to be so shy that I don't dare sneeze or blow my nose in public for fear of attracting attention.

These are just some of the examples.

That's why I feel proud when I stand in front of a crowd and talk for half an hour without breaking a sweat.
That's why I feel proud when I teach a class and find that the students are actually listening to what I am saying and somehow respect me for what I am doing.

I'd say I've come a long way since my childhood days :D

No comments: